Friday 4 April 2014

Days with you !!

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
She: Baby

He:  Hmm

She: I know you don’t really like calling me that, but I love saying that to you again and again. My baby. It’s been years since we’ve known each other. A few less since we’ve been best friends, a little lesser number since we’ve been sweethearts and a few even less number of years of being termed as a married couple. I still remember the day you proposed I said I need time to think and finally the day I said yes. But you know which one is my favourite day with you? 
       
       It’s the one sitting in that chilled restaurant ordering our regular Manchurian dish when you took out that crumbled piece of paper from your laptop bag, put that on the table almost smearing it with Manchurian gravy and explained to me with great detail about how much loan we’ll have to take to buy our own house, what furniture we would buy, how much it would cost you and how much should we be spending on our wedding. Yes, baby, that was my favourite day with you. That was the first day that gave me a glimpse of our being with each other forever. So many magical moments have been shared since that day, isn’t it?

He:   Jia..

She: Remember, the day we signed those loan papers, when you were nervous about how we would repay and I was super excited about having a home to call my own. My God, the way you got tired of the furniture shopping spree. But, I was decorating our house for the first time, how could I have not been excited? 

He:  Jia, will you let me speak?

She: And now since I am on a truth telling mission, let me tell you a secret. You know whenever you hug me from the back and get all naughty when I am kneading the dough so that I cannot use my hands to push you and I always crib and get all angry on you. You know what, I actually cherish those moments. Aaand.. I purposely wear all those deep-back dresses.

He:  Jia, listen to me atleast !!

She: You listen to me baby. You know what a big Bollywoodish romantic I am! It is under the influence of those movies that I don’t ever keep your towel in the bathroom. So that you would call me to give the towel to you and you could pull me inside. And I so hate it, when you remember to take your towel with you while going for the bath.

He: Jia, listen to me for god sake! Jia, we are not married. We broke up just a few days after that restaurant time. None of the things that you have said have actually happened. You are living your life with me in your head. The doctors are right, you need medication.

She: You know what, I just love living my days with you.  




This post is written as a part of April A to Z Challenge 2014 under Non-Themed category. I am doing two posts for this Challenge and Themed posts can be found here.



36 comments:

  1. My God...what the hell right!! DAYUM!!
    Great one though. The ending stabbed me! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. " She's " feelings are expressed so beautifully could actually feel them ....but " He's " reply made me sad :(
    Very well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so sad! I loved the romantic feel to the story but felt sad for the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post and yeah very interesting ending

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI there - just stopping by from the a-z challenge. Good luck with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no :( didn't expect that end! Heartbreaking! But so so well written!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woa what an ending!!! She really needs too move one. Brilliant story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rajlakshmi.. she does need to move on. Hope she does it soon !! Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. You got me at the ending! gr8 job Jyotsna :)

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post..,very touching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this was so sad and heart breaking! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this and didn't found it to be real. I think many of us have the "what if" fantasies in our lives - mine are go back a few years to a decision I made. What if instead of trying to launch a photography business, I launched my current business OR what if I had quit my job that one day instead of smiling and returning to my desk to continue to make someone else's dream come true.

    I do this every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you never know if this was real or not Kimberly.. And yeah, the what ifs are always there in everybody's lives. Glad to have you here :)

      Delete
  12. Didn't see that coming! Nope! Well written, but the end was sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it could hold your attention Leo..!!

      Delete
  13. That last part .... just too good ... a poignant tale, but so well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful expressions, Jyotsna !! Hating Him , loving her :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just wish the ending could have been different ... good to read though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh !! I wish so too... Glad you liked it though :)

      Delete
  16. Hey Ananya.. Thank you so much for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope I surprised you Neelam !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Didn't expect that twist... I am left with mixed feelings... Was 'she' so materialistic or was he heartless?! Mmm... this one will remain for sometimes in thoughts... It is touching...

    TC dear... Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jyotsna,last statement of She says it all...it is love and togetherness which counts..so touchy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...