Monday 21 April 2014

Randomness

It’s the day for R and I don’t have any ideas about what should I write for this letter. The only word that encircles my mind today is Random. Even with this word, I tried to put up something interesting but everything ended right into my recycle bin. Writer’s block in the middle of the challenge is not a good place to be in. L Atlast, I thought of putting up ten random things about myself. Sigh. You don’t even need to read this.
  1. There was a time when I hated facebook. And today, I simply love it. People change you see ;)
  2. I am one of the most disorganized persons you would ever meet. I don’t find any papers, my bank statements, my tax returns or anything important on time. Don’t even know how am I surviving.
  3. I am a Finance post graduate but I hate numbers.
  4. Almost a year into blogging, but I still get excited on seeing every response on my blog
  5. One thing that I am afraid of is doctors. I don’t know why but I fear them like anything and I would do anything to not visit one. Even if that means being sick for days together.
  6. I love collecting diaries. I won’t use all of them but I would never give a single to anybody from the collection I have :P
  7. Howsoever hard I try; I can never be a morning person. Never, ever.
  8. I cannot read non-fiction books, atleast in this lifetime. I have tried and tried and failed. And now I have made peace with this fact.
  9. These days, if I don’t do a certain task that my mom wants me to do, she threatens me by saying that she would take away my cell phone and that task is done. I am literally stuck to my phone these days.
  10. I sometimes wish I had some magical power to read all the books in the world. 

 Phew ! I am done. Hope to come up with something better for tomorrow.  By the way, is anybody of you like me in any of the above aspects?


This post is written as a part of April A to Z Challenge 2014 under Non-Themed category. I am doing two posts for this Challenge and Themed posts can be found here.


42 comments:

  1. You say that you are disorganised. No,no you are not. See how beautifully you have judged yourself at 'random'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Thank you for these kinds words Usha Ma'am :) :)

      Delete
  2. One thing that strikes me is that you are honest in these random tidbits of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are randomly honest and straightforward :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say ditto on point 8. I have accepted the fact too :) Nice knowing about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi5 to that Prasanna. Thank God, there are others like me who cannot read non-fiction :)

      Delete
  5. Honest and lovely write up! Why should you think this was not good enough for R? :D And I completely agree with #4 ;) Still get excited about every comment on my blog, even the spam ones ;)

    ~Shailaja's latest A~Z post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. Me too.. I read the spam ones too and try and find if they are actually spam or they have some deeper meaning in them ;) :P

      Delete
  6. points 7 and 8 I am same as you.. Good stop-gap to overcome writer's block though .. good one.. dropped by through the AtoZ initiative

    GS at Moontime Tunes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, needed the stop gap. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  7. Hehehe. I am not a morning person too and I can NEVER read non-fiction! High faive sistah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in my 3rd year of blogging and am always excited to see a response --wow, somebody read it??? And I don't like reading non-fiction either.
    Visiting from A to Z~
    Wendy at Jollett Etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay !! There are many others like me !! Thanks for stopping by Wendy. Lovely to have you here :) :)

      Delete
  9. Good to know more about you...there were places where I went "Ditto" like being a PG in finance yet running away from no's and the doctor-phobia! Cheers mate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. There is somebody with me on the doctor's point.. I am super happy sharing this now.. Thanks for stopping by Aditi :)

      Delete
  10. #4 - I've been blogging for almost 4 years and I still get excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe I LIKE YOU WOMAN!! I am also not a working person. :(
    I dont collect diaries.....and I do hate numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I used to love facebook, now I hate it! People change :p lolol I'm horrible with facebook replies you see ^.^
    Aah I recently started non fiction, its fun too you know?:p I'm reading crime nin fiction btw. Lol I'm an all day person, can be chirpy all day long :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we all have Facebook loving and hating cycle ;) Sigh, I cannot even think of picking up one more non-fiction and abandoning it halfway :\

      Delete
  13. I love your random list! Number 4 especially speaks to me -- every single comment on my blog makes my heart sing! - Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we bloggers are totally in love with every response we get on our post. Nice to have you here :)

      Delete
  14. I love random posts!! They are so easy to write and can be done in a jiffy and are always interesting!! I am in love-hate relationship with FB. There was a time when I believed I couldn't/wouldn't read non-fiction but I have changed my opinion now. I do enjoy well written and interesting non-fiction. If you really want to read a non-fiction, do read F?@k Knows by Shailendra Singh!
    Oh yes, Phone is an inseparable part of us now-a-days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tried this random thing first time and I could do it in a jiffy. I guess, we all have facebook love and hate moods. Picking up non-fiction again would require a lot of conviction. But yes if I do so, I would remember your suggestion for sure :)

      Delete
  15. 2,5,6,7,9,10 we are similar Jyotsna. Glad to read more bout u. I almost became a finance post grad but didn't complete.
    Love it
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many similarities. High Five. Thanks for dropping by Vishal :)

      Delete
  16. Hehe..I fully agree with 1,4,6,7 and 10 ... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) I am all smiles today. So many like me around !!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Haha.. I guess, we all book lovers wish that, isnt it ??

      Delete
  18. Honest account about oneself is itself so freeing- It also underlines the fact that we are all human...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing these details here feels like sharing our own self to the readers. And yes, we all are very flawed and very human.

      Delete
  19. #10-> Only Fiction books, right? As #8 says you can't read non-fiction! :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. good to know some random stuff about you. :)
    i think i can never be a morning person too.. well, atleast as of now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will never be a morning person in this lifetime :P Thanks for dropping by Meera :) :)

      Delete
  21. haha! I am an avid collector of Diaries too and how I hate mnin! Btw, just pushed off FB today for a month or so:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. Diary Collector. Hi5 to that Vishal. Yep I know about your 'away from fb' thing. See you soon :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...