Wednesday 4 February 2015

Maze of Life - 100 words


She saw her three year old daughter Meera's twinkling eyes when she told about visiting a new garden. Meera's happiness knew no bounds on seeing colourful rides all around. 'Let's play and see who reaches the end first' she told her daughter pointing towards the garden maze. She sent her daughter from one end while she took another one. Later, she saw her child giggling and enjoying in the maze while she tiptoed her way out of the garden with tears streaming down her face. She knew that if she looked back, she wouldn’t have the courage to do it.





Written for the photo prompt for this week's Friday Fictioneers

17 comments:

  1. Now that is seriously heart-breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very touching, made me a bit sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very sad. Something terrible is happening here. Well portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God Noooooooooooooooooooo... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. But why she had to leave her? So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished this and said out loud, "No, don't do it!" I'm sad now and me feeling sad and me talking out loud to myself are good things and evidence of a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can continue this next week, otherwise we are all going to be in a serious depression.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's horrible. Imagine the child's panic. She does not deserve to be a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sad story. i couldn't imagine a mother abandoning her daughter like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, you got me! I was following along on this playful, lovely story of a mother and her child. It seemed like the perfect day and then...bam!! Nice setup and overall story even if it is tragic. I had to go back through it to make sure I wasn't missing something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one. Can't understand y no courage. Was she blind?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jyotsna,

    Why on earth would she do this? Well written.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done.

    I hope the mother had no choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How heart-breaking. Why would she leave her?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...